Monday, February 27, 2012

Indian Bridal Shower and Henna Party

When I received an email from Nilam asking for photography coverage for her bridal shower and henna party, I knew it was going to be a fun, beautiful event... but I never imagined it would be this stunning.  Unfortunately, I was already engaged for that day so lucky Steve got to cover the event. I'm jealous. Here's what he had to say about the special day:
"I was thrilled last weekend to photograph two days of pre-wedding events for Nilam and her friends and family.  Combine beautiful people, gorgeous colors and patterns, and India's rich wedding traditions and it was pretty much a photographer's dream come true.  The hardest part for me was making sure I didn't miss something since the photo opportunities were virtually endless.  It was truly an honor to play even a small role in in the ceremonies and something I will not soon forget". - Steve

If I remember correctly, Steve told me the first day of his coverage was to photography a prayer ceremony which included a tradition of applying a tumeric paste on the bride's skin.... so neat!


Stunning, isn't it? Steve did a TERRIFIC job. I'm so thankful to have him on the team this year. And I know what you're thinking... "When is the wedding... I can't wait to see more".  To my dismay the wedding is in Sri Lanka so Nilam and her family will naturally use a photographer there. We feel so blessed to be part of her special day on this side of the ocean. Thanks for sharing such a special occasion with us and many blessings to your upcoming wedding and new family!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    Wonderful as usual! Great colors and composition, you def captured the spirit of the day!

    ReplyDelete