Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Birthin' the Booth

Haha! Do you like my title! My husband came up with that witty one :) Well super excited to share pics of Bertha the Booth! (Pablo and I decided to name her that because she's SO ginormous and heavy!) I took pics as I built her to build up to the end product... so sit back and enjoy watching Bertha being birthed! Haha. I'm having way to much fun with this.

Step 1: Steph (my buds!) and I got all our supplies at Lowes.




Step 2: To my back yard and prime!




Step 3: Chalk board paint 




Step 4: Then I SUUUUUPPPPPER TEEEDIOUSLY mesured (arg... artists don't like rulers) and hand drew all my fonts (who said an art degree doesn't pay off?)

 

 



Doing all this MATH (planning the spacing for the letters) almost put me in my grave!!!




(Oh my gosh. I'm  so embarrassed to show you that I have Justin Bieber on my playlist! Don't judge. This is my pop playlist... I have cool hipster playlists too. Arg... totally ruining my reputation! )

THE LETTERING TOOK ....

I had to keep playing this song (less embarassing then Justin Bieber!)

On day two my HUBS even helped me paint in my letters (isn't he so cute?)

Finally... after TWO DAYS of hand painting the font... and my son checking my work....



Finally.... up from the ashes....

DID IT!!!! WOHOOOO...

 but wait... no, now 1 hr!!! of erasing my pencil marks. ARG!

 

 Okay... now I'm finally...



HAHAHA!  Here are more (not so scary) pics


Okay... Dan is a little scary

And we set up this SUPER awesome app where you can take a series of pictures and it makes it into a film strip that guests can INSTANTLY email themselves and share on Facebook. SO fun!

I made the booth big enough for group shots

Jenn (the bride) and I testing out the color options




The bride and Groom (you can see each wedding will have the custom banner)

The groom

The bride

Other cool filters



Great for guests to do an off-the-wall family portrait that will be in their inbox when they get home!

And Pablo and I could resist ....

SO FUN!!!! If you haven't booked your Bertha the Booth yet- shoot me an email. SO affordable, SO fun, and such a treat for guests to have a souvenir to bring home and share on Facebook!!!


Also, if you don’t already follow us on Facebook, I encourage you to. I post awesome giveaways  (prints, engagement sessions, wedding décor etc), DIY projects, wedding trends, inspirational ideas, and of course creative, artistic photography. So if you haven’t already I invite you to “Like Us” ( http://www.facebook.com/MichelleVanTinePhotography)  so you can be part of the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment